On behalf of the entire staff at McGrath Real Estate Services we would like to extend you a formal and sincere thank you for the confidence you have placed in our company by allowing us to be your property managers. In order to assist you in making a smooth and easy transition back to your property, please read the following:
- Transfer of Utilities — Please contact your utility companies and transfer the service back into your name as of your return date. We are not authorized to do this due to revisions of the Patriot Act.
- Tenant Security Deposit — At lease termination, we will perform a check-out inspection with your tenants to note the condition of the property and determine any security deposit issues. We are required to have all security deposit issues taken care of within 60 days of lease termination date.
- Schedule your Check-In Inspection — If you have returned to the area, we would like to perform a check-in inspection with you. This is when we hand over all keys, remotes and other items of your property, as applicable. We perform these inspections Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Please contact us soon so we know when to expect your return and what date/time works best with your schedule.
- Closing of Account — Your account will be closed 30-60 days after the tenants’ check-out inspection. In the event you do not occupy the property immediately after the tenants move-out, McGrath Real Estate can monitor the property for a 6% management fee until your return. Please let us know as soon as possible if you will require this service.
- Renovations, Repairs Upon your Return — Many homeowners ask for our assistance in obtaining improvements to the property that are not considered as ordinary maintenance, repair, or replacements of existing fixtures in disrepair. Such services, including but not limited to, obtaining bids for major improvements or remodeling solicited by Landlord, negotiation with and supervision of the contractors, meetings with architects or other representatives shall be billed to and paid by the Landlord as specified in a separate agreement identifying the scope of work and appropriate compensation of the services rendered.
For so many of you returning to us from State Department posts, we also wanted to thank you for being overseas to protect the interests and privileges shared by all of us here at home. Should you have any questions or concerns feel free to call our office or stop by and visit us! If you are pretty sure you plan to return this year, please let us know right away so we can update our records: McGrath@McGrathRealEstate.com and we’ll be in touch with details to ensure a smooth return home!
- Management Lifecycle
- McGrath Service Area
- Questions To Ask a Property Manager
- Owner Departure Checklist
- FAQ’s for Landlords
- Preparing To Leave Your Home
- Preparing Your Home for Rent
- Northern Virginia Utility Companies
- Returning to Your Home
- Landlord Insurance Requirements
- McGrath Window & Siding Program
FOREIGN SERVICE RELATIONSHIP
DOCUMENTS & VIDEOS
- Sample Lease
- Educational Videos
- Returning Owner Checklist
- Wear & Tear – Security Deposits
- Landlord Handbook
- Vendor Policy